Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hola, One And All!

So far, the new year has had it's perks. Hopefully, it's been better for all of you, also. Tomorrow, I have an interview with the local grocery store, to work 3rd shift. Wish me luck! I'm extremely nervous, as I know my mind will go blank and I'll stutter something aweful - I do that when I'm nervous or scared. I'm very suprised I got an interview, because the first question on the 73 question 'test' applicants take, is "Do you remember instructions well?" Um.. well.... since I have this disease called 'I can't lie', I had no choice but to choose 'Not very well'. I laughed out loud at the question that went something like "Do you think a good fist fight would be fun to watch?" WTF kind of question is that, and what does it have to do with stocking the shelves of a grocery store?? LOL! And yes, of course it would be fun to watch.. lol. They must have problems with drugs and fights, because that's what 90% of the questions were about. Another question... "If someone offered a stolen car to you to buy, would you buy it?" Hello? See, alot were just common sense questions. *Sighs* I'm incredibly nervous. My interview is at 9:30 in the morning. Did I mention I was nervous?

Last night while watching the show of all shows, Paranormal State, I made some crayon soap. It was quite fun and satisfying! I took pictures, and will upload and show you all tomorrow. Right now, I'm going to grate some more soap while I watch Ghost Hunters. Maybe make some more.. maybe green or lavendar tonight. Last night was blue and yellow. Pink? I'll think about it. Maybe orange. I'll try to do a batch of all colors. One cup of grated soap makes 6 1/2 crayons. But more about all that tomorrow. Time to scrape up my fingers and slice off a few more fingernails. 'Til tomorrow, my children!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Trace, on tomorrow's job interview. You wrote that you were nervous. I'd be nervous, too, but not about the job interview. I'd be nervous to work at someplace where fist fights, availability of stolen cars, and drug trafficking was the norm.

We haven't left yet on our "Get out of the Cold" vacation. I hope that we can leave soon!

DLSarmywife said...

Good luck at your interview hun...I'll be thinking about you!
Yeah I had to take one of those tests at a furniture store I worked at. I distinctly remember one of the questions being, "Have you ever done anything bad?" I remember thinking "Hmmm having that 2nd piece of chocolate cake when I should have been dieting is bad, but it's not arrestable bad?" Those personality questionaires are a load of hooey!
I'm sure you'll do fine! {{{HUGS}}}

ClayrPlayr said...

LMAO, Linda!! Never thought about it that way! Don't worry - you'll get that vacation in.. lol. "Have I ever done anything bad?" Depends who you ask.. . I'm glad that wasn't one of the questions, because I *really* can't elaborate on that one! LOLOL!!