Thursday, January 7, 2010

*Whew*

Interview is over... it went very well! I expect a call saying I got the job. He said he was going to try to make a decision by the end of the day. He does interviews every 1/2 an hour, so he has been busy with them. What makes me think I got the job, is the fact he told me he was thinking about putting me in 'seafood' (do what, exactly, to seafood on 3rd shift?? lol) but he actually said after he found out what he did, he is considering me for helping to unload the freight trucks. What he found out, was that I use to help unload the trucks at Ben Franklins, and putting the merchandise in it's appropriate places in the warehouse. There's 2 positions open for 3rd shift, and it will be part time at first, of course. He did tell me that they have been having problems with people calling off constantly. And the 'night boss', or whatever that person is called, up and quite right before xmas, with no notice. Also, they are looking for people who can finish the job, because so often, the night shift will leave stuff around for the morning people to do, when it's not their job. He said it wasn't easy. What they expect of an employee, is 50 cases an hour. I think that might be when they are put on the shelf. I know if I get this job, my entire body will hate me.. but it'll just have to get use to it! My feet, for one. Or, two. I can hear them screaming already! Since I'm not use to physical labor, my muscles will feel like they are being shredded. But that's why god made hot bubble baths, right? lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that the interview went well. I'll keep my toes crossed (not my fingers, otherwise I can't type!) that you will get the job.

ClayrPlayr said...

Thanks, Linda! No phone call yet. But they are open til 10pm.