Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Hump Day!

Those of you taking advantage of that, I'm jealous! It must also be 'wear every color you hate' day, as I'm wearing pink, green & orange. (If it wasn't a Tony Stewart shirt, I wouldn't own anything orange, trust me!) All I need now is brown, and my look will be complete. Anyhoo's...

The last few days, I've been a soap-making fool. Last night, I uploaded some pics of my boob & weiner soaps to my Flickr page. It was suggested to me by a pure genius that I just needed to put it on 'restricted' access, so only people in my contacts can see those certain ones. Which I couldn't figure out last night, but I did it this morning - thanks, hun! Now, I'm not sure of blogger's policy on anatomically correct soap. But I'm going to take a chance and post one of the pictures from my Flickr page. This one shows me holding them for size reference. They dried a bit darker than I thought they would (this pic is of fresh ones), so my next batch I will do lighter. I'm especially pleased with the way the boobs came out. As long as they don't separate like the eyes of my frogs did, everything will be fine! Deborah, the aforementioned genius, also told me how to keep my layers from separating. So from now on, I'm going to do them all the way she mentioned. I've gotten several orders for these, and I'm thrilled! Because I really don't think these are something I can take to any craft shows around here! Lol! One friend is getting some for stocking stuffers, another is getting some angels, and another friend, Chris (who I did the mugs for) is interested in some for some friends of hers. And hopefully, that's just the begining! I can definetly take the frog & turtle soap to shows, along with ones I made from a discarded candy tray. If the brown coloring works out (again, you're a lifesaver, dear!) I will be making 'chocolate' candy soaps. Wow, that just came to me!!! =^D

Ok, I have to admit, the soaps were getting - tiresome.. but after Deborah gave me the recipe for brown, now I have footballs AND candy to make!! WOO HOO!!! Maybe a ball of red soap inside the candy..? Nah.. ok, I'm getting ahead of myself! One thing at a time!!!

*breathe in, breathe out*

*repeat*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! LOL

ClayrPlayr said...

Gee, Linda... at a loss for words? LOL! *giggles*

DLSarmywife said...

Girly...they are awesome! I am not at all surprised you are already getting orders for them! I'll keep my eyes out for cute 'acceptable' soap molds for you too! hey I wonder if you could grate the soap easier in a food processor???
Glad my tricks have helped you out.