Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Rudolph Ornament

Oh, yes... he's a cutey, if I may say so myself. And I just did. On a recent trip to the VA Hospital in Wilkes-Barre, I took along my 'craft idea' scrapbook, and a few craft magazines. I've seen this little guy before, but this time, he called out my name. "Make me... MAKE ME!!!" I'm like, alright! Just stop yelling! Luckily, I just happened to have the right size jingle bells. And thanks to my very good friend Deborah & her Fire Mountain Gem extravaganza this year, I have loads of other tiny bells in different colors. I think I'm going to make some with red & green bells, and maybe even pastel bells. He's a little dark, but I didn't have any white clay with me at the time to lighten it up. His antlers are translucent, with a dab of light brown mixed in. I only *had* a tiny bit of light brown with me. It took 2 days to make, but on and off. Hey, at least I remembered to put a coin in for size reference this time. And yes, I do plan on trying to make a smaller one for a pin, plus even smaller ones for dangly earrings. But before any of that gets done, I still have one order to finish.

Anyhoo's, hope you guys like my ornament. A HUGE thank you to Mike for lending me the good camera plus one of his laptops for a while, so I could get my pictures out to all of you. :^D

3 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

OMG!!!!! He is sooo adorable! You did a fantastic job on him.

Anonymous said...

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer had a very shiny nose, and so does your Rudolph. Very well done, Trace. He's so cute!

ClayrPlayr said...

You guys make me blush! :D Earrings coming soon - just gotta paint the hooves!