Friday, July 2, 2010

Got Demoted Today

Yeah.. not happy. There was a 'schedule change' today, and I was told I would not be working in the cooler anymore. Their excuse, was that I was more needed on register. But what they really meant, is I wasn't doing a good enough job. First of all, I was hired to do just case lots (stocking shelves). Today, we were told there will be 3 more people hired, one of which will do nothing but case lots - which is what I was hired to do. WTF??!!? It took about half an hour for that to sink in today, and then I was extremely pissed. I was on register from before my lunch around 11:30am, til after 3:30pm. How the holy hell am I suppose to fill the shelves of my isle, when I am always on register? "Oh, you wont be on register all the time..." BULLSHIT! I have been on register for the past 3 weeks, except on Wednesdays, because I was working the cooler those days!! Well, I guess they put a stop to THAT, now.. didn't they??

When I was first hired, I loved working there. I really did. I had no enemies there... I still don't. I had nothing against anyone I worked with. They loved me so much, after I was there 3 weeks, they wanted to bump me up to supervisor. But I declined. One of the supervisors there told me I totally made the right decision. She told me she wishes she would have said no. When they talked me into being trained on register, Wednesday was the only day I looked forward to going into work. Now I have nothing to look forward to. I can't even mess around with the forklift driver, as starting Monday, we are not to bother him... we have to write down on a dry erase board what we want for the day & he does it. Rules are a good thing - but this place is taking it way WAY too far. I was back in the warehouse getting some merchandise from my overstock area.. this was right as this bullshit was sinking in about me not being good enough to put out fruits and veggies. And this one guy was putting cardboard in the bailer, which is right at the end of my overstock isle. He wondered what was wrong, but I didn't want to talk about it. "It looks like you need a hug. Do you want a hug..??" "Um, no." He was stunned that *I*.. a woman... didn't want a hug from *HIM*, a god only in his own mind. Sure, he's not bad on the eyes, but I was in no mood for a hug. I would barely even look at him. Now, if the forklift driver would have offered a hug, I probly would have accepted - but would have ended up bawling on his shoulder. So I guess that situation turned out for the best.

Everyone at work can tell when I'm not in a good mood. I wont look up. I wont talk unless asked a question. I wont smile. Tell the customers to have a good day?? I don't think so.

I know no job is perfect, and I'm glad to even have a job in this economy. But I wasn't hired for this. One of the guys that work in the back told me PA's minimum wage is going up. Sure... so they can take more freakin taxes out. *sighs* I need a drink! No wonder nobody wants me. lol

3 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

Oh honey...so sorry to hear this!
:-(

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear this, Trace. I know it has been going on for 3 weeks, but I do hope things get better for you at work.

ClayrPlayr said...

Thanks, gals. We'll see how it goes next week. I really wish I could get back into clay, as it's relaxing. But there's no time, nor room. Or will. It's been a real pity-party kind of day for me.. lol.