Monday, November 2, 2009

Back To Work

It was bound to happen sometime. This throws off our schedule for being home for Thanksgiving, but we'll figure something out. As long as we are home for xmas, that's way more important. We rushed out here to New Jersey, and our load isn't even ready yet. So here we sit in the VPC parking lot, locked in. No facilities, no nothing. We have to wait til morning for someone to turn in a vehicle going to Los Angeles. That could take all day, and we still have to load. At least I inspected everything before it got dark. We can't make California by Monday morning anyways. Well, we *could*.. but we're not. On our way back across I-80, we are gonna stop home and grab Mike's coat and the air cleaner we bought for the truck. SOMEBODY, but I wont mention names.. *a'hem* left them on the porch. Not I. Oh, well - this will give me a chance to grab the book I forgot. Since I'm not bringing crafts along this trip, I was gonna bring a book or 2 I got from my friend Connie. *waves* I got Sharon Osborn's biography, and the one by Marsha Brady. McCormick? Sorry, her first name excapes me.

I'd like to thank everyone who sent me emails with thier condolences. It's very much appreciated. I had a dream a few nights after we found out. Not sure what it meant. I'll have to talk to NJ and Debbie about that. Nothing earth-shattering, but it makes sense.

Besides the obvious, it's been the most relaxing time home I've ever spent. I did a few xmas orders, and I'll try to upload them on my Flickr site this week. Worked with my dad on his model train board he is putting together, too. Yesterday during the race, - Poor Ryan!!! :( - I was spraying that self-puffing foam stuff on a mountain he made. I helped a wee bit earlier in the week, but he did most of it. Today he painted it. When we get home again, I will help him add some little stones to it in various places. Wish I would have taken a pic yesterday - I love taking before and after pics. But what I do have pics of, is what I've been working on, clay-wise. Six of my nieces 8 snowmen are done, and I am almost done with some mugs/cups a friend wanted me to make. They turned out awesome, if I may say so myself. I'll show them to her first and see what she thinks. They aren't done yet.. I wanna see if she wants me to add anything before I put the glaze on it.

Well, that's all the catch-up I have for now. Talk to you guys later..

No comments: