Monday, September 21, 2009

Ho, hum...

What a long day it's been. We're just sitting here in Los Angeles.. Waiting. Sweating. We're at least 3rd in line for a load, and they'll be closing in an hour. In a bit, we'll go park in the street til they open tomorrow. We're technically in Compton, but at least it's the business district. It's safer here than at the truck stops in Ontario, believe it or not.

There could be some MAJORLY awesome news on the horizon, but I'm not gonna jinx it by mentioning it. Just keep everything crossed for us! Ok, you twisted my arm. Damn you! We *may* be getting a dedicated East Coast run. What is it that NJ says... \(*.*)/ LOL! I think that's it! :) Instead of trecking back & forth coast to coast to all corners of the United States, we might get, what Mike calls, a milk run. How hauling cars involves cows, is boyond me. But anyhoo's.. our ports will include Edison, NJ, Baltimore, Maryland and Portsmouth, Va. Maybe a Charleston, SC thrown in for good measure. I hope, as on the way there, there's 2 places that sell my apperently unattainable peach cider. I WILL get me some of that one of these trips! God, that just sounds so mouth-watering. On the downside, I will no longer be going to Quartzsite, AZ where I get all my stone chips & bracelet supplies. But the possiblity of being home every weekend outweighs that by a ton! They have the best sales there (in Quartzsite) in Feburary, but the majority of the vendors start flocking in around November. Do you blame them? Do YOU want to be in the desert in the summer?? Me neither. Lol! Quartzsite is at the 17 mile marker on I-10, for anyone interested. We go to the side that Pilot is on. High Jolly Road, I believe is the name of the street. We park in their parking lot, and the shopping 'strip' is right directly across the street. Mike gives me $$$, sends me away, and takes a nap. LOL! He knows... :)~ Bless him...

Wow, I think we are the only ones here. Earlier, there were 5 of us, an Alaplex, and a United Road here. Good for them if they went & got a spot at the truck stop - probably hooking up to Idle Air.. with air conditioning. And a TV. We have every complete season of Two & a Half Men, so who needs TV? LOL!

Well, I have one last shot at a bathroom & running water until tomorrow, so I'm gonna go take full advantage of that. Maybe I'll try to make something tonight with the Artista clay I haven't opened yet. Just gotta make sure I have a ziplock ready for it. Man, I don't wanna open the door. I just know my skin's gonna melt off. Not to mention the dog will carry on & wake Mike up.

Well.. nature calls!

No comments: