Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Good Evening!

Sorry about the font size of that last post. I tried to change it, but it didn't take. :(

Today should have been Monday, by the way it started out. I forgot I needed gas, so I didn't leave as early as I should have. When I finally got to the gas station, I got out & pushed the 'Here' button. It didn't work. Frustrated, I went 2 pumps down. It worked. After I swiped my card & was waiting for it to be approved, I reached down to open the gas flap. It wasn't there. It was on the OTHER SIDE OF THE CAR! MF'er!!! Since it was pretty much empty (both the parking lot and my tank) and my card was just approved, I got back in & very quickly turned my car around. Whew! Close one! So I grabbed the nozzle & as soon as I pulled the trigger inside the dry tank, I see that I grabbed the PREMIUM!! JESUS H. CHRIST!!! Not knowing whether to laugh or cry, I immediately stopped, and started another transaction. I can only imagine the laughter of the employee's inside, but I refused to turn & look. After finally filling up, I was on my way to work. Not 3 seconds after I got out of the parking lot, I found myself directly behind 2 big rigs at the red light. Only 1 mile from my house, and 16 miles from work, they - for some reason - decided to go 15mph UNDER the speed limit almost the entire way. They turned off only a few miles from work. Suprisingly, I was only 3 minutes late. And I'm usually 10 minutes early.

Tomorrow is food stamp day, and I'm in the cooler. Better there, than on register on this most hellish of days. I swear to god, I think these people use banana's to fuel their cars, as fast as they are gone through on f.s. day. It's truely mind boggling.

So, how was *your* day???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that your day got better. You really had a time of it with that fuel pump!

DLSarmywife said...

Oy, what a way to start the day! Hope it did indeed get better.
My day was pretty calm...worked out, napped and am claying now.

ClayrPlayr said...

Lol! Yeah, but the day got a WHOLE lot better after work! And that's all I'll say about that. *grin* hehehee...