Monday, August 9, 2010

Claying once again...

Yes, you heard me right! And boy am I rusty!! It's a baby shower gift for this guy at work. I wish I still had Mike's camera, I could show you guys. :( If I figure out how to use my old camera, I'll post them. But anyhoo's..

Been working on this first piece of three since about 7pm. It's now almost 10pm, no matter what the post time says. It started out to be an angel, but when I was done, I had actually made a clown. Which I'm sure Bobby's kid will be. Good lord, you should see how he acts at work!! So instead of "Mommy's Little Angel", it will say "Mommy's Little Clown". Debating on wether or not to put a clown hat on him, or stop while I'm ahead. I already had him looking like a burn victim with down syndrome at one point. The next hanging ornament will be for the daddy, which will say "Daddy's Little Slugger", as he's a baseball player. He showed me (and everyone else at work.. lol) his trading card. Pretty impressive. But how do you go from that, to working at a surplus grocery store? *shrugs* Anyhoo's - break time is over, and I need to start the second ornament while the smell of clay is still on my hands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like nice shower gifts! I hope you do figure out your camera so we can see your clay ornaments.

ClayrPlayr said...

Well, there's good news & bad news. I refreshed my memory on my camera, but I have no cord to get the pics from it, to the computer. It's ancients & takes the larger memory card. I think I need to get a new digital camera. I was promised one, but gave up on her. Hopefully, this weekend, or at least within 2 weeks!